Let the Journey Begin

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My body is confused...

Or my scale lied to me last week.

Last Monday I logged a 3 lb weight loss. I was so flabergasted that I didn't even think that that was crazy and I should probably check again to make sure it was accurate. I promptly updated my ticker and told my husband because I was so excited. Well, the next day I was back up those 3 lbs plus another .5 lb. I was like WTF! Over the last week I have slowely lost 2 of those lbs and I hope to be down to 247 by tomorrow. I do weigh myself everyday but I am going to make Monday my official weigh in day.

My doctor is crazy if he thinks I am going to continue on this liquid diet until September 10th. I have made the executive decision to progress to mushies on Thursday which will be 2 weeks since surgery. As crazy as it sounds, I do not want to lose more than 9 lbs between my surgery date and my next appointment on September 10th. My reason you ask? My doctor will not give me a fill if I have lost too much weight. I have a feeling that if I do not get a fill I will be at a standstill until my next appointment in October.

Speaking of fills, my doctor does fluro fills with a barium swallow and he gets you to restriction at your first fill. He says he likes to only do one fill and that some of his patients never need one. I don't think I will be one of those people. At the moment I can chug water and soup.

I have a sneaking suspision that my dad is interested in the Lap-Band. He emailed me the other day asking how things were going and he wanted to know how I was eating. I would love for my dad to check into it. He is my height at 5'2" (my dad is a shorty) and he has sleep apnea but refuses to get checked for it.

I get my staples out tomorrow! I am excited because they itch so bad!

No comments: