Let the Journey Begin

Friday, August 27, 2010

Wolverine

My husband called me wolverine last night. I showed him my incisions on my abdomen and they are healing quite nicely if I do say so myself. I am feeling damn good. I can sleep on my stomach, carry my son around everywhere, and clean house. Well, I can clean house, but I don't wanna.

Yesterday I took my son downtown to the Walk Platz (outdoor shopping). We met a friend, walked around for a bit, and did some shopping. It felt good to get out except the humidity was 900% and I was sweating Like a freakin pig. It doesn't help that the stores don't have air conditioning so it is actually cooler outside. I wore a maxi dress (big mistake, think thighs rubbing together enough to make fire) that my mom sent me from the states and I thought I was looking pretty good. I would have taken a picture but my husband was still at work and I tore that dress off as soon as I got home.

So I made the executive decision to go from full liquids to mushies at 2 weeks. My doctor wanted me on a full liquid diet for 4 weeks. Well, I have since progressed to solid food. Actually, I never really did "mushies". What I do is liquids until 5pm (protein shake, soup, and yogurt) and then I eat dinner. This is really working out for me. I am eating roughly 1200 calories a day and I am staying full. I have not had any problems, infact, I think it jump started my weightloss.

I tried to take my son and dog for a walk today but as soon as we made it down the street it started to sprinkle. I turned around to go home and as soon as we made it into the house it stopped! The weather here is so unpredictable. I will try again tomorrow.

No comments: