Let the Journey Begin

Monday, August 16, 2010

Recovering!

I am sorry I am just now getting to my post-op post but I have been in quite a bit of pain since surgery. I was not prescribed any pain killers so I have just been winging it since I was discharged. I am starting to feel good today except for this nagging pain where my port is. Luckily I am feeling better because tomorrow my husband goes back to work and I am on my own!

So, I was admitted on Wednesday morning where they took some blood, and went ahead and put in a catheter (is that what it is called?) in my hand. I had an interview with one of the doctors and then with one of the anestesioligists. I then had to have an Endoscopy. I guess this is why I had to stay overnight because they knocked me out for this procedure. Boy, did they knock me out! When I woke up I didn't know what floor I was on in the hospital or my room! I had to ask my roommate where I was!

The next morning was my surgery. I think my doctor had like 5 surgeries that day so he is very busy! Luckily I was the first one in at 8:45 and I was back in my room by 11. My roommate had gastric bypass and she had to stay in the ICU overnight. I guess that is protocal. She also did not get discharged until 5 days later! I was discharged Saturday morning, not a moment too soon! I was so ready to come home.

I have been eatting pureed soup, protein shakes, yogurt, and orange sherbert. My body must have needed that sherbert last night because this morning I had dropped another 2.5 lbs! I am now down 13 pounds since the start of my pre-op diet. I am trying to get atleast 1000 calories a day so my body doesn't think it is starving.

My next appointment is in 1 month but I will probably not be getting a fill. My doctor does fills differently here. I will explain that in more detail in a future post.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are doing well!

-Grace- said...

I'm glad it went well! Welcome to the other side :)

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to find your blog! Glad you are doing well and welcome!