Let the Journey Begin

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pre-Op Day 1

My surgery day is scheduled for August 12th. Today starts my lovely pre-op diet of full liquids. It seems that every doctor prescribes a different diet and since my doctor is German it seems everything he does is different...hopefully in a good way :) I have had 2 protein shakes, some drinkable yogurt, and some pureed soup. He really didn't specify what to drink, he just said "Anything you can drink." I don't think I am going to go that far because technically you can drink ice cream but I want to lose some weight with this pre-op diet so I will stick to the protein shakes. And guess what...I am hungry!!! Hopefully this gets easier because I don't know how I am going to make it another 10 days!

I am getting really anxious about surgery. I am more nervous about leaving my son for a few days. His dad will be taking care of him but I am still worried. I usually make all of my sons meals so I hope my husband can do it right. Why can't I trust that my husband can make food for a 1 year old?

Another part of me is feeling like something will happen and I will not be able to get the surgery. I guess I am still in disbelief that this surgery could very well be the end to my weight struggles that I have had all of my life. It is still very hard to grasp that this time next year I will not be overweight.

On to pre-op diet day 2...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope you don't mind, but I linked to your blog on today's post... you may have more followers soon! Welcome! And good luck with pre-op.

Lena said...

Best wishes with pre-op. I officially start my pre-op diet today. I am scheduled to be banded August 18. I'm also the wife of an Air Force man.

Sarah G said...

I'm on pre-op diet day 3 today, my surgery date is Aug 9. Best of luck to you!

Sarah
http://nwanonymom.blogspot.com/

Jennifer B. said...

You are so awesome Sarah!